BNB and coins on Binance Smart Chain are supported by the Ledger Nano S hardware wallet. The following describes how to use Ledger Nano S to connect to BSC
- A Ledger Nano S hardware wallet with latest firmware.
- Latest version of Ethereum app installed
- An internet connection and an available USB port. Use an adapter for USB-C ports
- U2F compatible browsers: Google Chrome, Opera, FireFox, Brave
App Installation Instructions
The existing Ethereum App is compatible with Binance Smart Chain
1) Plug in and unlock your Ledger device, open Ledger Live on your computer, then open the "Manager" panel.
2) Within the "Manager" pane, type in "Ethereum" in the search field.Locate "Binance Chain", then click on "Install".
3) The Ethereum app will now install on your Ledger device.
Connect with MetaMask
Binance Smart Chain is compatible with MetaMask. Users can use MetaMask as a bridge between Ledger Nano S and Binance Smart Chain to make transactions to the Binance Smart Chain testnet.
1) Connect MetaMask to BSC Testnet by following this guide to add a custom network
* [RPC URLs](../developer/rpc.md) * ChainID: 97 * Symbol: BNB * Block Explorer: https://explorer.binance.org/smart-testnet
* [RPC URLs](../developer/rpc.md) * ChainID: 56 * Symbol: BNB * Block Explorer: https://explorer.binance.org/smart
2) Unlock your Metamask
3) Click on “Connect Hardware Wallet”
4) Choose “Ledger”
5) Choose your address
You should see a new account
7) Please read this doc to learn about how to interact with blockchain.
With Ledger, you need to approve your transaction in your device.