The testnet is a test environment for Binance Chain network, run by the Binance Chain development community, which is open to developers.
The validators on the testnet are from development team.
There is also a web wallet that can directly interact with the DEX. testnet.
What is the testnet good for?
- Create your test address and get your testnet funds.
- Develop applications and try tutorials on Binance Chain without the potential to lose your own assets.
- Test your applications against new versions of Binance Chain.
- Analyze blockchain data on a smaller, non-trivial data set compared to the public network.
How to get Testnet Fund
Note: The previous Binance Chain Testnet Faucet is retired at 2020/08/11 at 1:00 PM (UTC). The testnet faucet has migrated to this page: https://testnet.binance.org/faucet-smart
Steps to claim testnet BNB:
- Create a new Wallet of Binance Smart Chain testnet with MetaMask or MathWallet
- Get Testnet Fund: https://testnet.binance.org/faucet-smart
To request funds, please make a tweet with your Binance Smart Chain address pasted into the contents. Then, copy-paste the tweets URL! BNB will be sent to your BSC wallet right away.
- Transfer From Binance Smart Chain to Binance Chain
You can use Binance Extension Wallet for cross-chain transfer.
If you wish to test Binance Chain features, you could transfer BNB cross-chain with MathWallet dApp: https://docs.binance.org/smart-chain/wallet/math.html#transfer-bnb-from-bsc-to-bc